How to use 2-1-1
Calling instructions for getting transportation info:
- Dial 2-1-1 (no options for rotary phone).
- You will get a list of options.
- Choose #3.
- If you have transportation questions stay on the line.
- If they are too busy they will call you back. You will be instructed on how to let them know what phone number to use
Web instructions for getting transportation info:
2-1-1 has a tutorial that you can watch: CLICK HERE to watch it.
- Type in http://www.211ct.org in the address bar.
- When you click on the address you will get a screen that looks like this:
- Find the text, “Type any word or a short phrase…” and type “transportation.”
- Find the box to its right that says, “All cities” and find your city by scrolling down with your mouse or using the arrow key on your keyboard that looks similar to this ↓.
- When you find your city, click on it.
- Then hit the “search” box to the right of the “all cities” box.
- It will take you to another screen that shows you various transportation options in your area. You may scroll down with your mouse or the arrow key ↓. Click on the options that you want to explore.